Well heres the latest shots of the girls. Both taken at around 26 weeks. I just had a doctors apt yesterday and the doc said that she couldnt be more pleased with how things are going with them! Brooklie is measuring 1 pound 13 ounces and Brielle is measuring right at 2 pounds. Having twins you get an ultrasound every apt, and it is amazing to see how much they change each time. Brielle has always been the more active one....(but of course I dont need an ultrasound to tell me that! She definitely lets me know all day long) and she is up a little higher and still breech. (Praying that she flips so I dont have to have a C-section) We didnt get pics to take home this time cuz she wouldnt sit still long enough to get one! But both are doing amazing and measuring right on schedule. You can definitely tell that they are side by side because Ive got like a line of nothingness down the middle of my stomach. Oh AND.... though the absolute latest day they will make their arival is Oct 15, doc says she expects they will be here end of sept..... THATS NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!
Mommy on the other hand..... As you can tell Im not that big for having twins! I may not be growing a ton... which Im greatful for, but I can sure feel them growing. They are making it almost impossible to even walk sometimes. Sitting hurts no matter how soft the seat. Hips (mainly the left side) feels like its just going to shatter if i move the wrong way. Which makes for long restless nights, not actually getting much sleep until like 5 in the morning. But ya if i keep the Tylenol and a hot pad handy I do ok. Oh and I cant forget about the Tums... absolute necessity. But I cant complain really, both girls are doing perfect, Im not on bedrest (though sometimes it feels like it), my cervix are uterus are both very baby friendly, I have lots of family close by, and even though Daniel is gone.... ALOT, I know where he is all the time and I know it prob wont be more than a week before I get to see him again. So I dont do a whole lot... at all, but I guess thats alright because I really cant do much anymore, anyway. So If anyone has any ideas of what to do to keep busy and occupied with not a whole lot lower body movement I would be happy to hear! In the meantime Im just trying to keep them growing like they should, getting things ready for their arrival..... which is probably NEXT MONTH! Its soo crazy that its almost here! We are both so excited to have these little girls come into our life.... but also a bit nervous of how were going to handle two at the same time. :)
love that you've posted!!! So happy to hear updates from your world!! I'm so excited for you. As for things to do while sitting...lifting dumbells, typing more at your computer (blogging!), learning to crochet, hot gluing SOMETHING, and always my favorite, Eating!! :) Try Zantac 150. One twice a day, I hardly need the Tums anymore. Cept when I eat your crazy chicken dip! Mine was so much spicier than yours, but I took it to a RS activity and it was like the one thing that was completely empty! Yay for sisters and pinterest! :) Can't believe you're gonna be a mommy next month. You're making November seem so far away!! And honey, you look amazing, twins or no! I'm as big as you are and obviously behind and short one baby!! My monsters...
ReplyDeletelove ya!!
Great to hear things are going well for you! You look great! Can't wait to meet the cute little girls and see you guys again!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are updating!! I CAN teach you to crochet, and I even thought of that before I read Shelly's blog! We should spend a day together teaching you the basics. I used to do alot of that when pregnant, it would help pass the time and I could do it in front of the TV!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted too! It is nice to hear how you are doing. I didn't realize it but your girls and mine are only going to be a few months apart! I would suggest finding a good book or book series and getting some good reading time in. Oh and you do look great! I have one in me and I am WAY bigger haha!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!!!!